Apply for Funding
5 top tips for filling in a funding application form
- Discuss your idea with like-minded people/organisations, particularly those who you could form a partnership with. This is so that you can really focus on:
- what the benefit is to the community;
- what you need to achieve it; and
- how much money it will cost to implement.
- Avoid tackling the completion of the application form in one sitting. Break it up into manageable sections so that you can fill it in portion by portion. You’ll then be able to concentrate fully on each section and so provide clear evidence to support your application!
- Make a list of the information you need to research and appoint person or persons to carry out this research, allowing time for responses if you need to gather information from other organisations.
- You may have to obtain quotes from more than one supplier, so allow extra time for them to respond to you too.
- After finishing your funding application, ‘shelve it’ for a few days, and then go back and read it solely from the point of view of the HCF. It’s an important exercise, as you will need to demonstrate to us that your idea has a benefit to the community along with clear supporting evidence.
Good luck and don’t forget to use our Contact Us page if you have any questions!